Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Max Si rpm

  1. #1
    Inactive Member survivor182's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    What s the max rpm can the SI usdm engine can theorictly handle? (with the 7100 cut-off eliminate)

    7500?
    7800?


  2. #2
    Inactive Member 13secondcivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2001
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well, I used to rev to 8700-9000 when I was drag racing my SOHC motor. I only did pistons, stock rods and tons of mods, but it would pull the whole way up! I'd go 8000 at least for street use if you can get the rev limiter removed.


    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ladynredsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2001
    Posts
    735
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    personally, my Si hangs 7500-ish. but, don't quote me! every Si is different depending on wear & tear. mine is an '89 with 115,000 miles

    Ami

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CloudPump's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd keep it under 7500, the rods on a D16a6 are very small and weak, it'd be easy to blow your motor without some low end work

    -Geoff

    ------------------
    "I can't save you, I can't even save myself"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NC_Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2001
    Posts
    714
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    7500 rpm - valvetrain recommended max and oil pump and engine feed max.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •